Advancement - Senior, Fellow, Life & Life Fellow
The purpose of the advancement program is to recognize those members who have provided substantial service and contributions to HIMSS, with an emphasis on the member’s professional growth and participation. In addition the HIMSS advancement program recognizes members for their contribution of knowledge and experience to the healthcare industry as a whole. Advancing within HIMSS also makes the individual eligible for leadership opportunities within the society, such as the HIMSS National Board of Directors. Below are the eligibility requirements for Senior, Fellow, and Life member status. For more information about advancing your member status contact Jason Bickford, the AZHIMSS Director of Education and Professional Development, (480) 684-6075 or email@example.com.
- Senior Member Eligibility - To advance to Senior member status you must be a National member of HIMSS for a minimum of three consecutive years and you must have a minimum of 100 total points.
- Fellow Member Eligibility - To advance to Fellow status, you must be a National member of HIMSS for a minimum of five consecutive years, have a minimum of 100 HIMSS points, and a minimum of 200 total points.
- Life Member Eligibility - To advance to Life status, you must be a National member of HIMSS for a minimum of thirty (30) consecutive years
Achieving CAHIMS or CPHIMS Certification Status
Certification demonstrates that you meet a standard of professional body of knowledge and reach a milestone in your professional development. Many organizations require that candidates have certification and encourage current employees to obtain certification.
By getting certified, you can:
- Distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive marketplace
- Expand your career opportunities
- Validate your knowledge, competency and credibility
- Gain skills and tools to help you make a difference in your organization and your community
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development
- Gain a sense of personal and professional achievements
CAHIMS Eligibility Requirements:
To qualify to take the CAHIMS examination and earn CAHIMS certification, you must have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Learn more now....
CPHIMS Eligibility Requirements: - See who in Arizona has the coveted CPHIMS!
In order to sit for the CPHIMS exam, you must meet one of the following requirements:
Baccalaureate degree plus five (5) years of associated information and management systems experience*, three (3) of those years in healthcare, or
Graduate degree plus three (3) years of associated information and management systems experience*, two (2) of those years in healthcare