Enhancing Your Nursing Career: Foundations of Nursing Informatics, NI Scope and Standards, and Developing an Engaged NI Culture
May 7, 2019 11:00am - 12:00pm CDT
National Nurses Week Webinar: Part 1 of 2
Nursing Informatics (NI) provides the connection between IT, patient care, and the interprofessional healthcare team. Informatics nurses serve as facilitators and mediators between both patient care and health IT and are vital for successful delivery of care. In conjunction with National Nurses Week, learn about the foundations of nursing informatics, nursing informatics scope & standards of practice, and ways that healthcare organizations can develop an engaged nursing informatics culture.
HIMSS joins the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI), and numerous other partners in celebrating National Nurses Week, held May 6-12, 2019. The purpose of this week-long celebration is to raise awareness of the value of nursing and help educate the public about the role nurses play in meeting the healthcare needs of Americans. Join us in celebrating the nurses of our nation, who are at the forefront of improving patient care and transforming healthcare.
- Summarize the foundation of nursing informatics including history, value, and impact to nursing.
- Identify the components of the NI scope and standards of practice and how they integrate into nursing informatics practice.
- Examine how an engaged nursing informatics culture often finds improved clinical outcomes.
- Kathy Owen, MS, RN-BC, Workforce Solutions Consultant, Kronos, HIMSS Nursing Informatics Education & Networking Task Force Chair
- Carol Bickford, PhD, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FAMIA, FHIMSS, FAAN, Senior Policy Advisor, Department of Nursing Practice & Work Environment, American Nurses Association, HIMSS 2018-2019 Nursing Informatics Committee Member
- Lisa Lyon, MSN, RN, CDE, Sr. Clinical Informatics Coordinator, Cherokee Nation Health Services, Previous HIMSS Nursing Informatics Committee Member and co-author of the HIMSS Value Suite Guide: Develop an Engaged Nursing Informatics Culture